Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicago Filmmakers

I attended the Chicago Filmmakers Meet up last night, which was very enjoyable. The meet up is like speed dating, where you are given so many minutes to talk to an individual then you switch and talk to another. A great way to meet other artists int he film community.

So I was talking to a composer who teaches at Columbia College whose name was Hummie. Let me preface this by stating that I am a huge film music fan and collect film soundtracks. The composer asked me if I was a fan of Mel Brooks. Of course. He then tells me he scored Brook's last two films. Then it hit me. This was Hummie MANN, film composer. I really love his score to Year of the Comet. Talk about shock and awe! I was honored to meet Hummie Mann. These are the little gems which are so great about Chicago film.